I recently found myself anaemic and after having a high dose iron infusion, slowly administered via a drip, I feel much better. However, I am very conscious of not letting my iron stores get so depleted again.
This meal is my own kind of iron infusion…
SPRING LAMB CUTLETS ROASTED WITH GARLIC AND ROSEMARY served with mixed greens.
YOU WILL NEED:
Note: determine quantities depending on how many you are cooking for.
Lamb cutlets or chops
Rosemary (fresh or dried)
Olive or coconut oil
Leafy greens (I used a mix of kale, silver beet (swiss shard) and spinach)
Sea salt, cracked pepper
* Preheat oven to 200 dc (390 DF)
* Place cutlets in an oven proof dish with whole peeled garlic cloves, (gently smashed) scattered rosemary and sea salt and cracked pepper.
* Drizzle with olive oil or coconut oil
* Meanwhile, chop red onion, de-stem and roughly chop leafy greens and top and tail the green beans.
* When your lamb is browned to your liking (about 30 minutes depending on how many are in your dish) take it out of the oven and leave aside to rest.
* Gently sauté your veggies
* Serve with avocado and dress with olive oil and freshly squeezed lemon juice. In addition to its delicious flavour, the vitamin C in the lemon will help your body to absorb the iron.
Enjoy the goodness 🙂